C.I.E.H. Level 2 Award in HACCP-based Food Safety Systems in Manufacturing
About the course
The C.I.E.H. Level 2 Award in HACCP-based Food Safety Systems in Manufacturing is a two-unit qualification supported by Improve, the Sector Skills Council for the Food and Drink Manufacturing Industry in the UK. It has been developed for those working, or preparing to work, in food manufacturing or food supply chain roles.
Who should attend?
The qualification provides essential knowledge on:
- workplace and personal hygiene and product safety
- hazard analysis critical control point (HACCP) food safety management systems.
Unit 1: The Principles of Food Safety in Manufacturing
Completion of Unit 1 enables candidates to understand:
- how individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety
- the importance of personal hygiene
- how working areas are kept clean and hygienic
- the importance of keeping products safe.
Unit 2: Principles of HACCP-based Food Safety Systems
Completion of Unit 2 enables candidates to understand:
- the purpose of a HACCP system
- the features and terminology of HACCP
- how a HACCP system is applied in the workplace.
two-day programme (one day per unit)
two multiple-choice examinations (30 questions per unit)
Yes - 600/1483/0
- Unit 1: K/502/0181 (or equivalent)
- Unit 2: A/601/2631
C.I.E.H. Level 3 Award in HACCP for Food Manufacturing